Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Tender Distance: Raising My Sons in Alaska by Kaylene Johnson

This book was really good. I could relate to the mother in the book well. Kaylene Johnson did a wonderful job explaining how a mother feels from the moment her children are born until the time they leave home. She even describes the pain of almost losing a child. The adventures she took with her kids and without were amazing and I understood her conflict of leaving the house for four days for a hike. It made me realize that I will feel that way long after my young children are older. I was hoping to read that the oldest son added a picture of his mother to the scrapbook or a reason why he chose not too. Regardless, I am happy I won this book because I would have missed out on a good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment